Why Volunteer with Headway?
Just a little of your time can make a big difference to the level and range of support we can give to people affected by brain injury and their families. At the same time volunteering is often very rewarding and can be valuable experience and help to build confidence in the workplace.
We aim to ensure volunteering with Headway is enjoyable for all. The time you give will really help the people across Sussex communities who need support and understanding.
How Can I Help?
There are so many ways you can help Headway. We can help you find right opportunity to suit your interests and own experience and skills.
Whether you are able to offer us a few regular hours or occasional support with our wellbeing activities, support groups or fundraising, we would love to hear from you.
- Help in a range of client support sessions, including art, craft, gardening and wellbeing
- Meet, greet and welcome clients and offer refreshments and friendly conversation
- Respond to client calls on our Response Line offering wellbeing checks and call backs
- Help and maintain the grounds at Newick
- Help within our Rediscover Group sharing a practical skill or return to work experience
You might have a specific skill or trade you feel would benefit others in their recovery – if so we would very much like to hear from you.