“Tomorrow will be a good day”Captain Tom Moore
If you’re one of the the thousands of people getting involved in the #CaptainTom100 this Bank Holiday weekend, please consider choosing to support us in your challenges. You can set up your own fundraising page on Virgin Money Giving to help us raise much-needed funds for Headway.
On the day that would have been his 101st birthday, thousands of people are taking part in a variety of challenges to honour Captain Tom Moore and build on his legacy of hope. People will be choosing their own fundraising activities based on the number ‘100’, all to raise money for their favourite charities. This will span the whole weekend with fundraising taking place from today until Bank Holiday Monday 3 May 2021.
Hope is important for all of us at the minute, but is particularly poignant for us here at Headway. Like so many charities we continue to struggle with the financial challenges brought about by Covid-19 and at a time when people need us more than ever. We’ve seen a huge increase in referrals and have been working hard to continue to support our community and deliver services in a safe way. It’s been challenging and it remains a challenge.
Combatting loneliness was close to Captain Tom’s heart and during the pandemic many of us will have experienced loneliness. Isolation and loneliness are common problems after a brain injury. People may no longer be able to take part in activities they once enjoyed and some will have difficulties in communicating in the ways they once did. They are only too aware of the way it feels to be lonely.
So we’re hoping you can support us and take on your own Captain Tom 100 challenge this weekend to raise money for Headway so that we can continue to make tomorrow a good day for our community across the whole of Sussex.
It’s really easy to get involved. Here’s how:
- Come up with your very own Captain Tom 100 challenge – it could be anything! See some ideas at the end of this post…
- Set up your own fundraising page here or donate to us via Virgin Money Giving
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you – share your fundraising page or the Headway fundraising page on your social media profiles and don’t forget the hashtag #CaptainTom100
- Get going with your challenge!
- Share lots of photos and videos on social media of your challenge with the hashtag #CaptainTom100 and don’t forget to tag us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
So now you’re all set, what challenge are you going to complete? Could you….
- Bake 100 cupcakes
- Tell 100 jokes
- Score 100 goals with a football or basketball
- Host a 100 question quiz
- Walk 100km (for the adventurous!)
- Write 100 positive statements and share them to spread the love!
- Take 100 photographs of nature and scenery
- Do 100 sit ups…or burpees
- Sing 100 songs to entertain everyone
- Play an instrument for 100 minutes
- Complete a 100 piece puzzle
- Complete a 100 minute silence (the perfect opportunity for some mindfulness)
- Draw 100 pictures
We’re sure you can think of many more wonderful ideas and we hope you can spare some time this weekend to support us and combat loneliness in Captain Tom’s honour.