We’re cycling to the moon! Help support our cycling fundraising event
We are cycling 252,088 miles to the moon for our latest cycling fundraising event! Sign up now at our Headway Hurstwood Park Just Giving Page to get involved.
To raise money for the upkeep and running costs of our new gym facilities at Headway Hurstwood Park. 40% of cycling injuries in the UK result in a head injury, with many instances leading to a brain injury.
At Headway Hurstwood Park we provide rehabilitation and support services for people with acquired brain injuries, helping them to ‘get back on the bike’. With our gym facilities, we can support clients to regain movement and function and improve their general health and wellbeing, following a brain injury.
In line with the Lunar Cycle, where a full moon occurs every four weeks, we will embark on our journey on 21st May 2016 and are aiming to reach the moon by 20th June 2016.
We need your help! 252,088 miles is a long way! We are asking the Headway Hurstwood Park community and all of our supporters to get on their bikes and clock up some miles for Headway!
Whatever your mode of transport, whether it be mountain bike, push bike, wheelchair, tricycle, or if you use an exercise bike or have a talent for riding the unicycle (or any other human powered device for that matter!), we need you to get on board and get sponsored for every mile you complete.
- Create your own sponsorship challenge on the Headway Hurstwood Park Just Giving Page and ask people to sponsor you for every mile you ride (don’t forget to tell us how many miles you plan to cover!)
- Text MOON16 and the amount you wish to donate e.g. £10 to 70070 to donate to Headway Hurstwood Park and support our Lunar Cycle Challenge
- Fill in your own Lunar Cycle Challenge sponsorship form and ask friends, family and colleagues to sponsor you for each mile you cycle
Download your Lunar Cycle Challenge information pack here, and start your own challenge today!
For more details on how to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01825 724323.
Anyone and everyone!
From individuals on sponsored bike rides to toddlers on trikes, each mile counts when it’s sponsored.
Headway Hurstwood Park will be hosting a small number of events at our centre in Newick, but we are also looking for organisations to get involved and organise their own events.
Are you an organisation that can help us complete our journey by holding a cycling fundraising event where teams and individuals are sponsored for each mile they cycle?
- Gyms – organise a sponsored cycle in your gym where members are sponsored for each mile they complete on the exercise bike
- Supermarkets – complete a bike ride in store! Ask your staff to take it in turns to complete a couple of miles on the bike in return for donations from your customers
- Sussex based businesses – hold a team cycling challenge – get a bit of competition going in the office! Arrange an event where teams compete to complete the most amount of sponsored miles – this could be by cycling to work or on an exercise bike at work
For more information email email@example.com or call us on 01825 724323.